The Evils and Dangers of Pornography
- Pornography is unredeeming filth. There is nothing positive about it ever, especially for young children.
- Pornography is highly addictive, since it stimulates the pleasure center of brain like a drug. The desire for more pornography, like cocaine, for example, never gets satisfied. It leaves the brain craving for more and more, for an increasingly higher “high.” Therefore, pornography leads one into a never-ending downward spiral of addictions; it’s a deep, dark hole with no bottom.
- Pornography destroys children, men and women and then marriages and families, which are the bedrock of society. When this foundation is destroyed, the whole society collapses.
- Pornography can lead to all sorts of sexual perversions and deviant behaviors such as pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, homosexuality, masochism, incest, sadism and to sexual crimes such as rape, sex abuse and other criminality.
- Pornography promotes lust, which is a sin. According to biblical definition, lust is the strong desire for something that’s illicit or illegal or, in other words, for someone or something that isn’t yours to have or doesn’t belong to you.
- Pornography engenders lying, deceit, lust, abuse, violence, envy, compulsiveness, adultery, fornication, selfishness, self-hate, guilt and shame.
- Pornography undermines the dignity of both men and women. It downgrades the value of sex by turning women and men into sex objects and the sex act because merely about sensual and selfish gratification. Pornography profanes the holy and divine purpose of the physical union between a man and his wife for the purpose of intimacy and to propagate the human race for the purpose of producing potential sons and daughter for the heavenly kingdom of Elohim (God).
- The birth rate in western nations is going down. This is due to many factors, but pornography is one of them.
- Pornography can cause sexual confusion, gender confusion, sexual dysfunction, sexual frustration, false sexual expectations.
- Due to chemical reactions that occur in the human brain while viewing pornography, these images are powerfully stamped into a person’s brain forever. They are difficult if not impossible to erase.
- Pornography is a form of prostitution.
- Pornography feeds the sex trafficking industry. This is a form of slavery.
- Pornography destroys children. Thanks to the smart phone, many young children are exposed to this evil. It adversely affects their impressionable and developing brain. Evil thoughts and ideas are put into their brains. Morals are eroded and often children will act out what they see, and such things will adversely affect them and those around them for the rest of their lives and for generations to come.
- Pornography often promotes dissatisfaction and sexual dysfunction in marriage, since it raises one’s sexual expectations in marriage to unrealistic levels.
- When young boys are exposed to pornography, it hampers if not destroys their ability to relate to girls, since they compare themselves to the male porn stars they see and feel that somehow they’ll fall short in looks and acts. Moreover, they’re scared of girls, who don’t look as good as the fake female porn stars they see on film. Likewise, young girls who are exposed to pornography compare themselves to the made up female porn stars they see, and feel that they don’t compare favorably in looks, so this affects their ability to relate to boys.
- When boys view pornographic image on a computer screen and react sexually to that, their brain is conditioned to react to these fake, idealized virtual reality image. Their first sexual encounter with a women, in effect, is through a screen. Then when they’re with a real person, and when that person doesn’t live up to the idealized images and expectations of the screen, they’re unable to perform sexually.
For those of you struggling with addiction to pornography, offer up to YHVH Elohim your sincere and deep heartfelt repentance of this sin, and then ask Yeshua the Messiah to take away from you the desire for it, and he will. Then make a covenant with your heart and eyes that you will no longer view it. Them make sure that this stuff doesn’t come over your screens by activating all the security controls and filters possible. (I use electronics multiple times every day, and pornography doesn’t come across my screen, thus eliminating the possibility for temptation.) Then be accountable to someone else who will check in with you periodically and pray with you to insure that you stay clean and pure.
May YHVH Elohim strengthen and bless you as you walk down his path of holiness and righteousness!