The Devil’s Original Lie and the Religion of the New World Order
We are presently watching unfolding before us an epic and cosmic struggle between the forces of evil and good. The world system or cosmos of the devil is pitted against the unalterable and immutable plans, purposes and Word of the sovereign Creator of the universe, YHVH Elohim.
At the center of this battle is man. He was created in the image of Elohim and destined to become a son of Elohim. The Adversary, on the other hand, wants to make man into his image—a son of perdition. Man has to choose whom he will follow. To sit on the sidelines, ignore the battle and not to choose is, by default, to choose the side of the devil. Man must carefully choose his course of action, for the consequences are eternal. Inaction—not to choose—is to ignore the battle and by default to choose the side of the devil.
That battle will reach its nexus at the end of the age, just prior to the return of the Messiah. Will man fall for the lies of the counterfeit Messiah, or remain faithful to the Truth and Word of the real Messiah? To resist the deceiver and not fall for his lies one must know the face of his enemy: his tactics, game plan and the nature of his deception. The lies he will use in the end times to woo the multitudes to his side are not new. The tactics and game plan are the same, for it has never changed from the beginning. What are the lies he will use to seduce man to his side of this struggle? When did the deceiver first ply his trade? The answers are in the Book of Life.
The Big Lie and Its Origin—The Scriptures Speak of a “Lie”
There are those who turn from the revealed truth of Elohim and turn to believing a lie as Romans 1:24–25 states:
Wherefore Elohim also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of Elohim into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen
The Man of Sin/Lawlessness will cause many to turn from YHVH’s truth and believe a lie as 2 Thessalonians 2:7–12 states:
For the mystery of iniquity does already work: only he who now restrains will do so, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom YHVH shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause Elohim shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Outside of the New Jerusalem will be those wicked ones who believe a lie as the Book of Revelation states:
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatsoever works abomination, or makes a lie, but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. (Rev 21:27)
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie. (Rev 22:14–15)
The primary meaning of these passages is referring to those who have exchanged the truth of YHVH for a lie. But what lie? Who did Yeshua say was the father of lies (John 8:44)? The devil is, of course. So, ultimately all lies that humans believe had to have originate from those lies the devil through the serpent told the first humans in the Garden of Eden.
What Was This “Big Lie”?
Fundamentally, all big lies against the truth of YHVH actually originate from several big lies with which the serpent seduced Adam and Eve at the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (Gen 3:1–5). The serpent told the following lies:
- Man has the right to question the Word of Elohim; man cannot trust it; Elohim is a liar (Gen 3:1–4).
- Sin (disobedience to YHVH’s Word) does not result in death; i.e., there are no consequences or and there is no future accountability for our sinful actions—there is no ultimate judgment seat (Gen 3:4).
- Man can become like Elohim (Gen 3:5).
- Disobedience to YHVH’s Word by sinning, casting off moral restraints, rebellion against absolute and divinely revealed truth brings enlightenment or knowledge (gnosis) and puts one on a level with Elohim (Gen 3:5).
- The result of man believing the serpent’s lies was the following:
- To mask the shame and guilt of sin, Adam and Eve constructed a religious system that conformed to him. Instead of conforming their lives to YHVH’s Word, Adam and Eve conformed YHVH’s Word to suit them. They made a suit of fig leaves (a fig tree is a Hebraic metaphor for YHVH’s Torah-Word) to cover the shame of their nakedness, which was the result of their sinning. This was man’s first attempts at constructing a works-based religion. Any religion that we construct to conform to us is humanistic in nature.
These “big lies” form the basis for Secular Humanism, which is the satanically inspired concept behind all the false (unbiblical) religions and philosophies of the world.
What Is Secular Humanism?
Let’s first define some words.
- Secular: of or relating to the worldly or temporal; not religious
- Secularism: indifference to or rejection or exclusion of religion and religious considerations
- Humanism: emphasis on secular concerns; a doctrine, attitude, or way of life centered on human interests or values; a philosophy that asserts that the dignity and worth of man and his capacity for self-realization through reason and that often rejects supernaturalism [divine revelation].
Francis Schaeffer calls secular humanism “autonomous freedom”—that is, freedom from all restraint and especially rebellion against Elohim’s truth (The Great Evangelical Disaster, p. 32).
At the Garden of Eden man learned the following concepts pertaining to what we now call Secular Humanism:
- Man can be like Elohim
- Elohim is a liar and not to be trusted
- Trust yourself
- If it feels good, just do it.
- Experience all that life has to offer—both the good and evil.
- Nothing sensual is to be withheld; do what thou wilt
- Seeking human enlightenment and knowledge—both good and evil
- Paul describes humanists in 2 Timothy 3:1–4:
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of Elohim.
Romans 1:18–25 shows how when men reject divinely revealed truth and cast off the restraints of the fear of Elohim and walking in his Word they turn to worshipping the creation (animals, the earth, the universe) instead of the Creator, and end up worshipping their own bodies. The result is utter moral depravity, sexual perversion and total licentiousness. They become reprobate (devoid of all judgment and unable to discern between good and evil) in their thinking. The result is that they exchange the truth of Elohim for the lies of the devil.
Humanism Further Defined
Humanism attempts to kick Elohim off of his throne and replace him with man. This is man usurping Elohim’s authority. Thus man is deified and become like Elohim: innately good. Therefore, secular humanism assumes that man, in his natural state, is a good and morally upright instead of evil and depraved as the Bible clearly teaches. It being assumed that man is innately good, he is now qualified to be the sole determiner of moral good and evil in the universe. Francis Schaeffer describes secular humanism this way:
“[It is] a consensus that stands in total antithesis to Christian truth at every point—including the denial of the supernatural; belief in the all-sufficiency of human reason; the rejection of the fall [of man]; denial of the deity of Christ and his resurrection; belief in the perfectibility of Man; and the destruction of the Bible and with this has come a total moral breakdown” (The Great Evangelical Disaster, pp. 35–36).
Schaeffer calls humanism “a fundamental conflict between the ‘wisdom of this world’ and ‘the wisdom of God’” Ibid., p. 26), and then quotes 1 Corinthians 1:20–21 which says, “Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has Elohim made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of Elohim, the world through wisdom did not know Elohim, it pleased Elohim through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.”
What Do Secular Humanists Say About Themselves?
The Key Points of the Humanist Manifesto I (published in 1933 by leading American humanists of the day who were college educators, philosophers, religious leaders including pastors and rabbis, economists, journalists and writers, medical doctors, lawyers and scientists): A Blueprint for the Humanist New World Order
- There is no Creator.
- Man is an animal and all life is the product of evolutionary development.
- Man has no immortal soul, and there is no hereafter; hence, man has no accountability for his actions since there is no future judgment.
- Religion is a by-product of evolutionary social development, and a new, higher evolved religious philosophy (namely, secular humanism) must replace outdated and passe concepts (e.g., Christianity and Judaism).
- There are no absolute values.
- Humanism rejects all religious mores and concepts of right and wrong.
- Humanism is a religion.
- Humanists are social engineers out to remake the world in their image.
- Humanists want to create a heaven on earth through a collectivistic (Communist) socialistic utopia.
- In that socialistic amoral utopia there is no room for traditional religion of any kind.
- There is no faith or hope beyond this present world.
- There can be no restraints put on humans in their pursuit of sensual pleasure (hedonism).
- There is a an emphasis on living for the moment.
- Traditional religion and religious expression must give way to a global humanistic (one world) religion.
- Humanists have a collectivistic/Marxist view of economics.
The Key Points of the Humanist Manifesto II (1973): An Updated Blueprint for the Humanist New World Order
- Humanists believe that traditional theism, especially faith in the prayer-hearing God, assumed to live and care for persons, to hear and understand their prayers, and to be able to do something about them, is an unproved and outmoded faith. Salvationism, based on mere affirmation, still appears as harmful, diverting people with false hopes of heaven hereafter.
- There are no absolutes. What humanists believe today may change tomorrow. (There is great variance among humanists themselves: e.g., some are theistic, others are atheistic; some are “soft” socialists while others are hard-core Marxist socialists.)
- Traditional moral codes and newer irrational cults fail to meet the pressing needs of today and tomorrow. False “theologies of hope” and messianic ideologies, substituting new dogmas for old, cannot cope with existing world realities. They separate rather than unite peoples. (That is why there is no place in the New World Order for Christianity and Judaism and why these religions must be abolished.)
- Many kinds of humanism exist in the contemporary world: scientific, ethical, democratic, religious, and Marxist. Free thought, atheism, agnosticism, skepticism, deism, rationalism, ethical culture, liberal religion all claim to be heir to the humanist tradition.
- “Traditional dogmatic or authoritarian religions that place revelation, God, ritual, or creed above human needs and experience do a disservice to the humans species … Any account of nature should pass the test of scientific evidence. We find insufficient evidence for belief in the existence of a supernatural; it is either meaningless or irrelevant to the question of survival and fulfillment of the human race. As non theists, we begin with humans not God, nature not deity.”
- Traditional religions engender dependencies and are escapisms.
- Humanists want to preserve the best ethical teachings in the religious traditions of humankind, many of which are shared in common.
- Traditional religions often offer solace to humans, but often inhibit humans from helping themselves or experiencing their full human potential (or sinful depravity!).
- Humans are responsible for what they are or will become. No deity will save them; they must save themselves.
- Promises of immortal salvation or fear of eternal damnation are both illusory and harmful. There is no credible evidence that life survives the death of the body.
- Ethics is autonomous and is situational needing no theological or ideological sanction.
- Reason and intelligence are the most effective instruments that humankind possesses.
- Humanists affirm that “[t]he preciousness and dignity of the individual person is a central humanist value” on the one hand, yet uphold the right to abortion.
- “In the areas of sexuality, we believe that intolerant attitudes, often cultivated by orthodox religions and puritanical cultures, unduly repress sexual conduct. The right to birth control, abortion, and divorce should be recognized. While we do not approve of exploitative, denigrating forms of sexual expression, neither do we wish to prohibit, by law or sanction, sexual behavior between consenting adults. The many varieties of sexual exploration should not in themselves be considered ‘evil.’ … [A] civilized society should be a tolerant one. Short of harming others or compelling them to do likewise, individuals should be permitted to express their sexual proclivities and pursue their life-style as they desire. … Moral [sex] education for children and adults is an important way of developing awareness and sexual maturity.” (The bolded words indicate words or concepts that are part of Americans’ everyday “politically correct” vernacular.)
- Humanists affirm one’s right to die with dignity, one’s right to suicide or to practice euthanasia. (In bold, another “politically correct” humanistic concept that is part of our modern jargon.)
- Humanists are committed to an open and democratic society, which they call “participatory democracy.” Notice how America’s political leaders are constantly talking about spreading democracy around the world? Karl Marx states in this book, A Communist Manifesto, that democracy is but a step on the road to total communism.
- Humanists believe in the right to universal education.
- Humanism are critical of all sexism or chauvinism—male or female.
- Humanists “deplore the division of humankind on nationalistic grounds.” They believe the world has reached a place “where the best option is to transcend the limits of national sovereignty and to move toward the building of a world community in which all sectors of the human family can participate. Thus we look to the development of a system of world law and world order based upon transnational federal government (i.e., a New World Order).
- “The world community must renounce the resort to violence and force as a method of solving international disputes.” This is to be done by the “development of the arts of negotiation and compromise.”
- “The world community must engage in cooperative planning concerning the use of rapidly depleting [natural] resources. The planet must be considered a single ecosystem.”
- World poverty must cease. The wealthy nations must give economic aid to the poor (or developing) nations. “[E]xtreme disproportions in wealth, income, and economic growth should be reduced on a worldwide basis.”
Modern Manifestations of Secular Humanism
- The first Humanist Manifesto was signed and published in 1933. Although many of the ideas proposed therein were considered too avant-garde for mainstream America, we can see that subsequently many influential organizations and individuals picked up and began to promote many of the ideas presented in the Humanist Manifesto. Since then, they have used their power, influence and wealth to re-engineer American society along secular humanist lines. Here is a brief list of humanistic ideologies, some noted humanistic sympathizers and some of the organizations they have founded.
- Humanists are evolutionists and atheists.
- Karl Marx (modern father of Communism), Charles Darwin (modern father of evolution), Albert Einstein (physicist), John Dewey (the father of modern public education), Bertrand Russel (philosopher and mathematician), B. F. Skinner (prominent psychologist), John Kenneth Galbraith (economist), Isaac Asimov (scientist and writer), Margaret Sanger (founder of Planned Parenthood), Marlon Brando (actor), Frank Lloyd Wright (architect), Luther Burbank (botanist), Ted Turner (media mogul), Betty Friden (feminist), Margaret Kuhn (founder of the Gray Panthers), Kurt Vanegut (writer), Gloria Steinem (feminist) were/are humanists. Many were/are members of the American Humanist Association or have been voted humanist of the year.
- The Founders and Leaders of Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, the NEA, NOW were/are humansists/socialists.
- Most liberal religious organizations such as the Unitarian Universalist Associations and liberal mainline Christian denominations hue to a (deistic) humanistic philosophy.
- Other Socialist/humanist organizations include the Green Party, NAACP, AFL-CIO, the Democratic Party, U.N., World and National Council of Churches, Amnesty International
- Liberal activist judges, most politicians, most major media outlets, most colleges and universities are oriented philosophically with the ideas of secular humanism.
- Liberals and socialists are humanists.
- Humanism and communism go hand in hand.
- Humanists hate the family and the Judeo-Christian ethic and religion.
- Humanists are behind anything that destroys the family, the Christian religion, and in favor of that which promotes sexual perversion, undermines traditional values.
- Humanists are statists and believe that the state is “God” and should rule people’s lives.
- Humanists are pro-democratic and are against republican forms of government.
- The Christian religion went humanist with Constantine and the Catholic Church when traditions of men replaced the revealed Word of YHVH
The Effects of Secular Humanism Upon America Over the Past 100 Years
- Compulsory public education
- The feminist movement
- The homosexual (gay and lesbian), bisexual and transgender movement is now acceptable societally.
- Sex education is part of primary education in the public schools.
- Prayer has been put out of schools.
- The Ten Commandments are being put out of schools and public places.
- Any references to anything Christian or biblical must be eliminated from schools and public places and government sponsored public celebrations.
- Legalized abortion
- Doctor assisted suicide is legal in Oregon.
- Bestiality is legal in Washington state and Florida.
- Wilderness areas are off limits to all motorized vehicles and equipment and more and more roadless areas in national forests serve to collectivize people in the urban areas where they can be controlled and socially engineered.
- Landuse laws and zoning regulations serve to undermine the rights of private property owners such that government determines how they can use their property.
- Eminent domain laws serve to give governments control over private property.
- Open or under-patrolled (porous) borders allowing the influx of illegal aliens into this country to weaken our economic infrastructure and allow a transfer of wealth from this country to third world countries (wealth redistribution).
- The International Monetary Fund and World Bank serve as vehicles to help transfer wealth from wealthy Western (Christian) nations to third world poor nations.
- Alliances such as NATO and NAFTA serve to entangle America economically and militarily with other nations helping to create a New World Order.
- All welfare programs, government subsidies, social services, government health care, Social Security are socialistic in nature and contribute to the “religion” of statism where secular government becomes like a god in providing it’s citizens with all of their needs from cradle to grave.
- Animal rights activism
The Development of Humanism in the Bible
Satan Was the First Humanist
Satan was the first to rebel against YHVH and his laws.
He wanted to kick YHVH off his throne and exalt himself to that place of authority and honor (read the five “I wills” of Isa 14:12–14).
How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! For you have said in your heart, “I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of El: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.”
The rebellious ideas expressed by the devil as recorded in Isaiah are part and parcel with those spouted by modern secular humanists. There is nothing new under the sun. The devil has continued to repeat the same old lies in his efforts to seduce man to his side in rebellious defiance against YHVH Elohim.
Humanism Started in the Garden of Eden and Will End With the New World Order—Babylon the Great
Having seduced man to rebel against Elohim, it was ultimately Satan’s aim for man to worship him as the one having replaced Elohim. Scripture recognizes this when it calls him the “god of this world” (2 Cor 4:4).
As Satan successfully subverted the first Adam to follow the path of humanism, likewise he attempted to seduce Yeshua, the Second Adam, to fall down and worship him (Matt 4:1–10).
Just prior to the second coming Satan will attempt to rule this world as the Antimessiah with men worshipping him (Rev 13:2, 4,12–13,15).
Those who worship him will receive his mark on their foreheads and hands signifying that their thoughts and actions are in accord with the devil (Lucifer/Satan) (Rev. 13:14–16; 14:9). (Similarly, those who worship YHVH in Spirit and truth will have his “mark” in, not on their foreheads. They will, as his bond servants, be sealed with his name in their foreheads [Rev 7:3; 9:4 cp. Exod 13:9, 16; Deut 6:8; 11:18]. Those who have YHVH’s “mark” or seal will be spared from many of the plagues of the Great Tribulation [Rev 7:34; 9:4 cp. Ezek 9:4, 6] Scripture indicates that this seal is his name [i.e., his character, reputations, power and authority] written in their hearts and minds [Rev 22:4].)
What will cause people to take Satan’s mark on their foreheads? Will there be many who will literally run to get this mark since it will be popular to do so? How popular are the Harry Potter books right now? When a new one comes out it is breaking news. Tens of millions are sold instantly with people waiting in line for hours to buy the books. What is the mark that the fictional teenage sorcerer Harry Potter wears on his forehead? It is a lightning bolt. Yeshua said that he saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven (Luke 10:18 cp. Rev 12:9). Is Harry Potter’s lightning bolt preparing people to literally run to take the mark of the beast because it will be the “in thing” to do?
Satan Founded the First Religion Called Humanism
He was the founder of the world’s first anti-Elohim religion. This religion was based on man pulling himself up by his own bootstraps without YHVH’s help (i.e., he was the creator of the first works and legalistic-based religious system). Humanism believes that man can save himself through his own efforts without outside help or intervention from a deity.
Satan’s religion gives humans what they want—it caters to the base nature of men. All the false religions of the world spring from Satan’s religion of humanism; all are works-based and give the flesh what it wants and gratify the mind and ego’s quest for “gnosis.”
All the religions of the world, except that which is founded solely on the undiluted truth of the Bible are based on rebellion to YHVH’s revealed truth.
The Time Between the Garden of Eden and Babylon the Great
Satan is attempting to sway, deceive and seduce men to his side (including, if possible, the very elect) through doctrines of demons. Scripture speaks of this: “Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron” (1 Tim 4:1–2).
Other Manifestations of Humanism In Scripture
Nimrod Was a Humanist
He was the first collectivist or communist in that he formed cities and founded the first empire. He was a mighty hunter “before” (in front of, in place of) YHVH (Gen 10:9); he was the first savior of the world; he was the first human to raise his fist in defiance in the face of Elohim when he built the Tower of Babel.
The Children of Israel Were Plagued With Humanists and Humanistic Influnence
The golden calf incident (Exod 32) was an attempt to syncretize Yahwehism with paganistic religion. This was an early interfaith movement on the part of Israelite humanists.
Nadab and Abihu, sons of Aaron the High Priest, offered up strange fire to YHVH and were struck dead for their rebelliousness (Lev 10). This was a clear case of not following YHVH’s clear procedural instructions on how to offer incense and of Nadab and Abihu approaching YHVH by doing it “their way” and not his way. This is a humanistic characteristic.
The spies’ evil report of the Promised Land (Num 13) is another example humanism. They had no faith in YHVH’s promises and Word. To them he was a liar. They preferred to stay where they were (in the wilderness of the present world) with the attitude of eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die, then to have faith in future rewards for present obedience and faith.
Korah was a Marxist humanist rebel. In Numbers 16:1-3, we see that he separated himself from the rest of Israel to form his own opposing political party, in the spirit of democracy gathered like-minded malcontents to his side, rose up against Moses who was YHVH’s authority figure on earth, and accused Moses of wrong-doing. This was Satan’s pattern in the Garden: divide and conquer, form an opposition party, rebel against authority, and accuse.
Balaam was a humanist and tried to seduce Israel through syncretizing with the heathens through sexual liaisons.
Phineas opposed humanism (immorality and syncretism) when he killed Zimri and Cozbi (Num 25).
The tribes of Reuben and Gad fell under humanistic ideas when they sought their own well being at the rest of Israel’s expense, sought materialism ahead of obedience to YHVH to go into the Promised Land, and when they stopped short of the Promised Land to enjoy “humanist heaven” on the wrong side of the Jordan River (Num 32). Humanists do not want to go all the way in obeying YHVH. This is falling under the influence of the “big lie.” You can have it your way—one foot in the world and one foot in the kingdom of heaven.
Every time the Israelites murmured against YHVH, showed lack of faith by not believing his Word/promises they demonstrated a spirit of humanism. They were calling YHVH a liar and trusting in themselves. Whenever they rebelled against YHVH or Moses they were acting as humanists. Idolatry, lust, ungratefulness, dishonor of parents is humanism.
When the Israelites turned from obedience to Torah to following the religious practices of the nations around them Scripture says that “every man did that which was right in his own eyes (Deut 12:8; Jud 17:6; 21:25). This is a humanist mantra (If it feels good, do it; Do what thou wilt.).
King Saul become a humanist when he refused to obey YHVH’s instructions. The end result of rejection of divine authority was his turning to witchcraft (1 Sam 15:23).
Rabbinic Judaism and Humanism
Rabbinic Judaism went humanist at Yavneh after the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70 when Rabbinical authority replaced the Levitical authority. It was there, under the influences of such rabbis as Akiba, that Judaism rejected divine authority and established the rabbinical system. Some say this was necessary to insure the survival of Judaism in the wake of the destruction of the Temple and removal of Jews from Jerusalem and environs by the Romans after A.D. 135. But this reason does not explain why or how so many Jewish traditions supplanted the truth of the Bible that they held to before this time. Rabbinic authority often supplanted the Word of Elohim. “The Jewish Encyclopedia defines ‘Rabbinical Authority’ as ‘The power or right of deciding the Law, in dubious cases, or of interpreting, modifying, or amplifying, and occasionally of abrogating it, as vested in the Rabbis as its teachers and expounders’” (Rabbi Akiba’s Messiah, Daniel Gruber, p. 82). Some examples of this are as follow:
- The concept of the “Oral Torah/Law” came into being sometime in the second-century A.D. as being on a par with or greater than the Written Torah (Gruber, pp. 60, 76–77). This led to the traditions of the elders which were eventually codified in the Mishanah and Talmud.
- YHVH is subject to rabbinic halachic (legal) rulings (Ibid., pp. 76–77).
- There are many rabbinic decrees and rulings which supplant biblical law. This was especially the case after the destruction of the Temple when the Jewish religious leaders practically reinvented their religion (Ibid., p. 78). Examples of this are
- Alternative means of atonement (the shedding of blood is no longer necessary; atonement is achieved through prayer [tefilim], charitable deeds [mitzvot] and charitable giving [tzedakah]) among other things such as study of the Torah, being circumcised and giving to the rabbis (ibid.).
- In Matthew 23 (along with Matt 15:3–9 and Mark 7:7–13) Yeshua rebukes the Jewish leaders of his day for replacing YHVH’s Torah with man-made traditions.
- The rabbinic Jews allowed to make pronouncements from Moses Seat or by beit din (rabbinic) ruling (called takanot and ma’asim) which totally annulled the Torah (Gruber, pp. 80–81; Gordon, pp. 47–53). Later these rulings were codified into the Talumd (The Hebrew Yeshua Versus the Greek Jesus, Nehemiah Gordon, p. 52).
- The rabbinic Jews have the right to change and control the calendar. The modern rabbinic or traditional Hebrew calendar dates to A.D. 360 (Natan Lawrence, article entitled The Biblical Calendar and the New Moon). For example, many times, according to the rabbinic calendar Rosh Chodesh (the new moon) does not fall on the actual day the new moon is sighted, and Yom Teruah (the Day of the Blowing of Trumpets), which Torah states must fall on the first day of the seventh month (i.e., the Rosh Chodesh of that month), does not actually occur on Rosh Chodesh.
- One of the months on the Jewish calendar is named after a pagan deity (Tamuz) when the Torah specifically states that Israelites are not to take the name of pagan deities on their lips.
- Rabbinic law allows a divorced and remarried woman to remarry her first husband, something Torah forbids (Gruber, p. 81).
- The rabbinic laws of postponement, which says that YHVH feasts cannot fall on certain days, and therefore have to be postponed.
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), a leavening agent, is permissible to eat during the Days of Unleavened Bread when Torah demands that we abstain from all bread containing leavening agents.
- The wearing of white tzitzits (fringes) have replaced the Torah law that says they must be blue.
- Torah says that Israelite lineage is determined by one’s father. Modern rabbinic law says that it is determined by one’s mother.
- The ineffable name doctrine, which states that using the Hebrew names of God (e.g., YHVH, Adonai) are prohibited, even though Scripture commands that we use them and not forget them.
- Singing and playing of musical instruments is prohibited under rabbinic law at religious services (Sabbath and holy days), yet the Torah commands that the shofar be blown on these days, and the Psalms speak of it occurring, and the biblical record states that music and singing were a big part of the levitical priesthood system in the Temple (Jewish Book of Why, Alfred J. Kolatch, p. 143).
- The shofar is never blown on the Sabbath, even when the Day of Trumpets falls on a Sabbath, even though Torah commands us to do it (Kolatch, p. 228).
- The anti-missionary movement within Judaism is the outgrowth of humanist philosophy, for it attempts to destroy the deity of Yeshua and rejects the authority and divine inspiration of the Renewed Covenant Scriptures.
Christianity and Humanism
To the degree that Christianity has rejected Torah, replacing it with men’s traditions, is the degree that is a humanistic religion. Christianity is becoming more humanistic all the time. That is why modern-day “prophets” like Francis Schaeffer attempted to warn the Church about the perils of secular humanism. Here are some areas where the modern church has succumbed to the influences of the philosophy of secular humanism:
- The Catholic Church making pronouncements making pronouncements ex cathedra (from the chair) to establish doctrines and traditions which are contrary to Scripture.
- Establishment of pagan-based Christian holidays that have replaced YHVH’s biblical feasts (interfaithism and syncretism with world religions)
- Sunday replaces the Sabbath as a day of formal gatherings and worship (interfaithism and syncretism with world religions)
- Other examples of syncretism with idolatrous pagan concepts: steeples on churches, Christmas trees, Santa Claus, Easter hams and bunnies, 40 days of Lent, Mardi Gras, Valentines Day
- Humanistic Christian doctrines: law versus grace, dispensational/dual covenant theology, Old versus New Testament originate from the pagan (Greek) concept of dualism.
- Seeker sensitive churches; becoming like the world to win the world to Christ (adopting the world’s dress and hair styles, music, entertainment, etc.)
- The positivization of the Gospel message; that is, a de-emphasis on sin, judgment and repentance
- Peaching a social Gospel: sermons or often pop-psychology messages to build up one’s self-esteem
- Changes in terminologies: biblical terms give way to “politically correct,” “seeker sensitive” terms: e.g., the heathens are now called “the unchurched,” forgiveness replaces repentance, puppet shows/skits and dramas replace hard preaching, sin is called “wrong thoughts’”
- The Word of Faith movement: health and wealth (prosperity) teaching (heavy emphasis on materialism and gratification of the lust of the flesh for enjoyment in the here and now
- Christian (Charismatic) “divination” or “witchcraft” occurs where Christians take the legitimate gifts (especially the gift of prophecy) of the Spirit of Elohim, and a) use them to control or manipulate other people for unrighteous purposes, b) operate in counterfeit gifts of the Spirit (either out of their psyches or souls—i.e., their mind, will and emotions, or under demonic influence) to control, manipulate or subvert others for unrighteous purposes, or c) attempt to ascertain the future through means other than direct revelation of the Spirit of Elohim, as he wills to make the future known to human vessels (1 Cor 12:11).
- Idolatry of formulas, programs and methodologies that are unbiblical (e.g., saying Sinners Prayer to be saved, the Four Spiritual Laws, give-to-get, the obtaining of Christian degrees, labels and accolades of men is the key to spiritual success and giftedness.
Secular Humanism (or Cosmic Humanism) in the End Times
A New Age outgrowth of Secular Humanism might be called Cosmic Humanism. “In its broadest sense, New Age thinking can be characterized as a form of utopianism, the desire to create a better society, a ‘New Age’ in which humanity lives in harmony with itself, nature, and the cosmos” (Understanding the Times, David Noebel, p. 850). Cosmic Humanists “deny the preeminence of any purported special revelation over any other” and treat all religious books as equal with one another. The Cosmic Humanist sees Christ’s life as important only in the sense that it showed man to be capable of achieving perfection, even godhood. The significance of the incarnation and resurrection is not that Jesus was a human like us, but rather that we are gods like him—or at least have the potential to be. Christ is the principle of divinity or perfection that lies within each person. The bottom line is that each man kneels to his own self, and honors and worships his own being. God dwells within you as You (Ibid., pp. 851-852). Can we see Satan’s grand scheme here? At the beginning of time, as YHVH’s arch-rebel, he wanted to “kick” Elohim off of his throne and be a god himself. At the Garden of Eden, Satan attempted to enlist man in this act of rebellion. If Satan can convince man that man can be “like Elohim” (see Gen 3:5) or that he is Elohim then what does that make Satan? He becomes the supreme Elohim in place of the real one.
Tie the concept of the deity of the individual with that of the cosmic consciousness and you now have individual “gods” trying to get in sync with the cosmic (humanistic) consciousness within themselves that is linked to that of every other person and to the Universe (with a capital U). If everyone can unite with the Universe, then all can unite with each other and achieve peace and harmony on earth since “all is one.” This is the ultimate spirit behind ecumenicalism, interfaithism, New Age spirituality and eventually the one-world religion to which all people will be expected to swear allegiance if they are to survive on this earth as part of the New World Order that is destined and even prophesied to make its debut on planet earth just prior to the coming Messiah Yeshua (Rev 13:16–17).
In New Age thought, it is believed that each individual’s soul was present in other material forms earlier in history and that it will manifest itself in still other forms after its present body dies. The body may pass away, but the soul will continue its quest for godhood or Christ-consciousness in other bodies. This is the basic concept behind reincarnation (Noebel, p. 852). This concept is a perpetuation of one of the grand lies the serpent presented to man in the garden (Gen 3:4). Indeed, there is nothing new under the sun, as the Bible declares, and that what has happened before will happen again. Furthermore, the concepts behind the New Age movement are not new nor did they originate in our current epoch. The Greek philosophers taught the same religious ideology, which became known as dualism. In fact, we see the concept of dualism in all the false religions of the world, including in mainstream Christianity and the mystical aspects of Orthodox rabbinic Judaism. The taint of the lies of the serpent are to be found in every religious ideology known to man.
Since for the Cosmic Humanist “all is god” and “god is all” then Elohim becomes indistinguishable from his creation. As a result, New Agers worship their own bodies, each other (self indulgent hedonism), the trees, stars, dolphins, whales, etc. in order to help them commune with the creative forces of the universe. Cosmic Humanists worship the creator and created at the same time. For them there is no difference. This is pantheism—god is in everything and everything is god (Noebel, pp. 852–853). This is the scenario Paul paints in Romans 1 when men reject the revelation of an Elohim who is transcendent to his creation, is the source of revealed truth and is the Righteous Judge of the universe to whom all are eventually accountable. These are concepts that humanists hate and despise!
What are the ethical implications of Cosmic Humanism? If each person is a god, then all final authority resides within, and individuals must seek the freedom to act in harmony with their inner truth. The sacred nature of individual autonomy is the only ethical absolute promoted by the New Age movement. This autonomy places the authority for judging values surely within the soul of each human being. One practical application of this philosophy would be total sexual freedom. It is believed that the external boundaries of moral restraint, such as the Ten Commandments, inhibit the flow of spiritual energy and keep one from achieving one’s full godhood potential. Such ethics can be referred to as “boundless ethical relativism.” This idea can be expressed in another ways as well. An exmaple would be for each person to create their own reality according to what feels right for them, no matter how immoral it is as long as no one is hurt (Ibid., pp. 855–856). In Secular Humanist lingo this is known as situational ethics or moral relativism.
Cosmic Humanists embrace the evolutionary theory because evolution provides the best mechanism for ushering in a New Age. They need reassurance that progress will occur because of their belief that mankind is moving upward toward an age of higher consciousness. The “science” of evolution provides the guarantee that all humanity will on day achieve this consciousness (Ibid., p. 858).
Most Cosmic Humanists point to marriage and family as examples of outdated, unenlightened institutions. Both marriage and family, in their traditional Judeo-Christian forms, are regarded as too limiting and too hopelessly blind to universal sacredness to be useful in achieving full enlightenment, or god-consciousness. Thus, the concept that an unmarried person of either sex should have to remain childless will seem far-fetched. People who divorce, instead of feeling guilty that they have somehow failed will view their marriage as a total success, since it has helped each person to grow to the point where they no longer need its old form, including each other. According to this viewpoint, it is counter-evolutionary to attempt to maintain the institutions of marriage and the family in the traditional sense (Ibid., p. 863).
On the political front many Cosmic Humanists believe that national governments must be restructured to be merged to form world government, which they see as the next evolutionary step toward collective consciousness, godhood and utopia (Ibid., p. 864).
Economically, many Cosmic Humanists have begun calling for a universal system of exchange, a universal currency and a world central bank (currently, the Bank of International Settlements et al). They see the merits of both capitalism and socialism, and can’t agree as to which system is best (Ibid., pp. 867–868). Indeed, when we see what Scripture says the economic system of the New World Order (or Babylon the Great) will be like, we see that it is monopolistic or oligarchic capitalism or fascism—a cross between socialism and capitalism (Rev 13 and 18).
What Is the Only Religious Ideology on Earth That Stands in Opposition to the Spirit of Antimessiah?
In the end times, the Man of Sin will be the arch-humanist, the arch anti-Messiah spirit. Religious ecumenicalism and interfaithism along with one-world government will be the ultimate expression of humanism.
The current trend among some Christians to return to a more Hebraic, Torah-oriented, holistic approach to the Bible is the arch-enemy of and is antithetical in every way to the tenets of secular humanists and the New World Order. If enough people return to the basics of the Bible and stay true to its ideals of restoring believers to their biblical Hebrew roots as delineated solely in the pages of YHVH’s Word (Scripture) to the exclusion of all traditions of men that have to one degree or another nullified YHVH’s Word, they will be in the unique position of being the only organism on earth to oppose the demonic secular humanist New World Order Babylon the Great system. For example, those who keep YHVH’s Torah commandments and who have the faith or testimony of Yeshua (Rev 12:17 and Rev 14:12) will be unlike any one else on planet earth in that they alone:
- Believe in a Creator. His name is YHVH Elohim.
- Believe in and live their lives in accordance with moral absolutes and divinely revealed truth, which govern all aspects of their lives and teaches against all the tenets of secular humanism. It is the Torah-Word of Elohim along with the rest of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
- Believe in the innate sinfulness of man.
- Believe that Yeshua the Messiah is the arm of YHVH (Isa 53:1), and is therefore YHVH who came to this earth, manifested himself in flesh form to become the Savior and Redeemer of mankind through his substitutionary death on the cross, and that through his salvific work there are men who repent of their sins (i.e. violating YHVH’s Torah-law, 1 John 3:4) and place their trust in him may have eternal life.
- Believe in a future judgment where the actions of men will be rewarded or punished.
- Believe in an afterlife.
- Believe that YHVH will establish his one world government upon this earth to the exclusion of all else.
Those who are returning to the unpolluted and undilluted, non-humanistic foundations of the Bible recognizes that the tenets of the secular humanistic or a socialist new world order is nothing more than a dressed up version of Satan’s original lie by which he seduced Adam and Eve to sin, and as such is antithetical to the plans and purposes of YHVH Elohim. Satan is the arch-enemy of YHVH and is a lawless rebel, the arch-malcontent and ultimate egotist. Modern humanism is the same devil-inspired philosophy only dressed in the modern lingo of politically correct speech.
Those who are returning to the foundational roots of the Christian faith, in fulfillment of Malachi’s prophecy that in the last days the hearts of the children will be turned back to the fathers of their faith (Mal 4:1–6), are advocating a return to biblical fundamentalism; that is, they are returning to the Hebrew Torah-based roots of the Christian faith as exemplified by the life and teachings of Yeshua the Messiah and the early first-century believers. This is a punch to the eye of the devil and his secular humanistic minions and adherents. It is an acknowledement that YHVH Elohim is the sovereign ruler of the universe, that man is sinful, and needs to come into alignment with the immutable truths of the Bible—a concept the secular humanists hate and despise!
Moreover, those who are returning to the biblical roots of their faith recognize the dangers of humanism and that the Man of Sin (the Antichrist?) of 1 Thessalonians 2 will attempt to establish a counterfeit one-world, new age (or cosmic humanistic) anti-Torah government upon this earth in attempts to thwart the establishment of Yeshua the Messiah’s one world Torah-based government on this earth at his second coming. Yeshua will destroy this new world order (called Babylon the Great) at his return, according to the prophecies in the Book of Revelation.
As such, those saints in the last days who have the faith of Yeshua and who keep his Torah commandments (Rev 12:17; 14:12) recognize that Yeshua is returning to defeat Satan and his secular humanistic forces and to rule the world, and that is their spiritual destiny to be kings and priests in Yeshua’s one world government to the exclusion of secular humanists, and the devil himself who will be bound in the bottomless pit during the 1000-year long Messianic Age or Millennium.
Time everlasting, when will He come back for me? Time everlasting, I’m waiting so impatiently (from a song written by my hubby) Yes and I heard recently that when satan reminds me of my past, I remind him of his future! He is an enemy defeated already, Praise Yehovah! Let everything that has breath praise Yehovah! thanks Natan for this very in depth teaching 🙂
I just love the “keeper line” you shared.
It is in an effective arrow and shield against satan mind games.
I have been taught this also, by the Spirit of Elohim & use it to great effect as it is so replete in the action of a trusting faith & builds the believer up.
satan fades away to the nothingness, as the insipid liar that he is before truth & despite all his desires of aggrandisement & the advertising through the centuries of how great he is………..reality will come to roost upon him too.
Praise our King who judges in righteousness and is merciful to whom He chooses to show mercy. FJ
Shalom Y’all! I just thought I would like to share these scriptures with you in that I feel they relate to this last post Mr. Lawrence posted about the devilish devil’s religion.
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians” 15:22
“Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came on all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came on all men to justification of life.”
“For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.”
“For God has concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all.” Romans 11:32
“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.”
Shalom Y’all !!!
Satan, or more properly, HaSatan is an angel who resides in the heavenly realm. HaSatan means the accuser or the adversary. The term Satan or HaSatan is used in three different contexts within the Tanach.1
First, as an enemy in war as seen in I Kings 5:18: But now יהוה my God has given me peace on all sides, without opponents (שָׂטָן) or problems.2
Second, as an accuser before the seat of judgment as seen in Psalm 109:6: Set a wicked man over him, and let an accuser (וְשָׂטָן) stand at his right side.3
Third, as an adversary in the general sense of the term as seen in II Samuel 19:23: But David said, “Is this your business, sons of Tzeruyah, that you should oppose (לְשָׂטָן) me today? Should any Yisraelite be put to death? I certainly know that today I am [again] king over Yisrael!”2
As a proper character, Satan appears only once in the Tanach – in the Book of Job. He is depicted as an angel who mocks the piety of the righteous Job.4
Job 1:6: One day, the angels presented themselves before God, and Satan (הַשָּׂטָן) also came with them.3
From the dialogue in the opening chapter of the Book of Job we see that HaSatan is a member of the angelic hosts of the abode of God and has no independent power.
Job 1:7, 12: God said to Satan (הַשָּׂטָן), “Where are you coming from?” Satan (הַשָּׂטָן) answered God, “From going roaming the earth and traversing it.” … God said to Satan (הַשָּׂטָן), “Here, you have control over everything he owns; only do not extend your hand against him personally.” So Satan (הַשָּׂטָן) went out from the presence of God.3
From this exchange we see that HaSatan is an angel who watches over the activities of humanity, searching for mankind’s sins and then appearing as their accuser to God. HaSatan is not considered an opponent to God as Christianity teaches. Monotheistic teachings are no more disturbed by the existence of HaSatan than by the presence of other beings that go before God. This view is shown in Zechariah 3:1-2 where HaSatan is described as the adversary of the high priest Joshua.1
Christianity teaches that Satan was once an angel in the heavenly realm but through his rebellion, he became a fallen angel.
The authoritative teaching of the Catholic Church regarding Satan was set forth in the decrees of the Fourth Lateran Council which reads in part: “…the Devil and the other demons were created by God good in their nature but they by themselves have made themselves evil.”5
As a proof text from the Tanach, Christianity uses Isaiah 14:12 to prove their stand regarding Satan. Christianity argues “that Isaiah’s mention of the fallen ‘morning star’ refers to Satan’s ultimate demise at the end of time when Satan will finally be cast into a lake of fire as articulated in the twentieth chapter of the Book of Revelation.”6 However, if you read the fourteenth chapter (verse four) of Isaiah it will quickly become apparent that the “morning star” is referring to Nebuchadnezzar.
In Isaiah 14:12 “Nebuchadnezzar is compared to the planet Venus whose light is still visible in the morning yet vanishes with the rise of the sun. … Like the light of Venus, Nebuchadnezzar’s reign shone brilliantly for a short time, yet, as the prophets foretold, was eventually overshadowed by the nation of Israel whose light endured and outlived this arrogant nation who tormented and exiled her.”6
Judaism firmly believes that HaSatan is nothing more than an accusing angel that resides in the heavenly court. HaSatan is not a fallen angel and is not evil incarnate.
At last we meet.
Thank you for your comments.
On this blog, we’re neither partial to nor attempt to promote either mainstream Christian or Rabbinic Jewish viewpoints; we endeavor, rather, to promote the truth as divinely revealed in the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation.
Rabbinic Judaism is as divergent from second temple Judaism as modern era Christianity is from the religion of the disciples of Yeshua the Messiah as chronicled in the New Testament apostolic writings.
The same is true with regard to the more modern concept of rabbinic Jewish thought on the nature and work of haSatan as being more a force (the Yetzar Ra) than a personage. Indeed, the Tanakh has a broad view on the concept of “the adversary” or haSatan. On this we agree. But this view in no way precludes a literal personage by that name (which you admit), who is a major antagonist to Elohim (which you don’t admit). According to my research, this latter aspect of Satan’s role was widely accepted among second temple Jewish authors (for example, see Wikipedia’s article on “Satan”) as evidenced by many Jewish Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal writers, the Dead Sea Scrolls and the LXX Jewish translators. Even the Gospels record that the Pharisees (the antecedents and spiritual forefathers of the modern rabbinic Jews), as did Yeshua, acknowledged the personality of Satan (Matthew 12:24–26 cp. Luke 11:14–18).
Furthermore, numerous New Testament passages acknowledge not only the personality of Satan, but his major opposition to Elohim. In fact, Yeshua even calls Satan “the ruler of this world” (John 16:11; 12:31). Elsewhere, Paul calls him “the god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4), whom we learn that Yeshua the Messiah will destroy him at his second coming (1 John 3:8; cp. Revelation 12:7-10; 20:2-10). We could go on.
The main point here is that the Christian view (obviously minus its fantastical “devil” caricaturizations) of the personage and work of haSatan seems to be closer to normative Jewish second temple thought than is modern Talmudic rabbinic Judaism. Again, many examples could be given from second temple era Jewish literature, which viewed Satan not only as the instigator of sin at the tree of knowledge, but, even more importantly, was behind the demonic incursion (i.e. the nephilim led by Azazel at Mount Hermon) into the affairs of men in the antediluvian world thus precipitating Elohim’s flood judgment. The pre-rabbinic second temple era writers and New Testament apostolic writers make numerous references to Satan and his minions’ incursion at Mount Hermon as recorded in Genesis 6:2–6 as the source of the major evil that has fallen on this world and allude to the idea that divine judgments will be meted out against Satan, his fallen angels, demons and those humans that have sided with him in the last days (a major theme of the Book of Revelation) as precursor events leading up to the final redemption of Israel and the Messianic Era. May this day come soon! Amein!!
So we will have to agree to disagree on the point that the person of Satan is not a major player in the world of evil who Elohim will defeat. Divine scriptural revelation and ancient Jewish second temple documents just don’t seem to validate this viewpoint according to my research.
This then begs the question: What caused modern rabbinic Judaism to take a divergent opinion from its historical belief with regard to the nature and role of Satan?
Thank you for your courteous reply.
Why would J-sus call his closest disciple “Satan” ?
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: “thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” Mathew 16:23
and how would you expalin :
“6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:6-7
Thank you for your time.
First, his name is not Jesus, as you must know. This is a very poor transliteration from the common Hebrew name Yeshua into the Koine Greek Iesus and then into the English Jesus. His Hebrew name was Yeshua—a name which more aptly reflects his Jewishness and divine mission.
Being a well-known debater of Christians and Messianic Jews, you most likely already know the answer to this simple question, but for the sake of the readers, I’ll give it anyway. Obviously, Peter wasn’t Satan incarnate. However, at that moment, Satan was influencing Peter with an evil thought. The Bible teaches that Satan or his minions can come as a lying spirit to influence the thoughts of men. Yeshua was no doubt looking at Peter when he made his rebuke, but he was, in reality, addressing the evil invisible spirit lurking behind the scenes.
With regard to Isaiah 45:6-7, let me first say this. Your question has nothing to do with the article I originally wrote pertaining to the rise of secular humanism—the devil’s religion. The rules of this blog are that one must keep comments à propos to the topic at hand. As owner of this blog, I set the topics. It appears that you’re trying to steer the conversation into a different arena in order provoke a debate. This is coloring outside the lines of the rules of this blog and its format.
I will, however, let it pass this time, and answer your question with a question. Why is it that in Jewish mysticism the sephirotic trees divide Elohim into ten personages?
The ten sephirot are not personages but emanations (or worlds) created by the Holy Creator. On the flip side they are the ten veils that must be torn away in order for HASHEM’s full Light to shine through to us enabling us to recieve back the Immortality that was once our’s in Gan Eden.These veils are torn away by doing our Work of transformation and tikkun battling the real enemy who is within us. (haSatan, or the ego)
When Yeshua cried out (on the Tree of Life/Cross) “It is finished!” The veil in the Temple ripped, symbolizing what had been done in the Heavenly realms (‘on earth as in Heaven’) The ‘Daat’ was “re-opened” allowing and making it possible for many to get back to the Abba/Imma (Chockmah/Binah). Our body is the Temple of G-D right? It is also a diagram of the Tree of Life (the ten sephirot) The Daat is not a true sephirah but a “gateway”. That gateway had been previously closed due to Adam and Eve’s sin. On the body, that gateway (Daat) is at the throat. From Malchut (which is at the feet ‘on the earth’ or Kingdom) straight up to “Yesod” which is the sexual and creative sephira (Tree of good and evil) on up to the Tifferet (heart sephirah which is ruled by the Sun ((Malachi 4:2)) which is Yeshua’s sephira. One must go through the heart to get to the Abba/Imma. “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
There are likely many lenses through which one can view the ten sephirot. I suspect that these varying views simply get down to semantics. The wisdom (or foolishness) of men trying to quantify the unquanifiable and the unexplainable. Call it emanations, personages,characteristics, manifestations or pick your term.
The reality is that the finite mental capacities of men attempting to wrestle with the infinite and uninvestigatable nature of the d “Godhead” is a futile effort. Why go there? What purpose does it really serve? Does it help one to overcome the world, flesh and the devil? Does it heal the sick? Feed the hungry? Cloth the naked? Bring love, joy and peace to a troubled life? Heal a hurting soul? Help to get prayers answered? Heal a broken marriage?
With regard to the nature of the “Godhead,” what does the plural term Elohim really mean? What does echad really mean? I know what the linguistic experts say, but these are well-meaning stabs at the higher alethia truth that is beyond the ken of men. So when a Jewish rabbinic expert takes exception with the my belief in the Father, Son and Set-Apart Spirit, I find their disingenuousness to be rather hypocritical and even comical, since they, too, like their Christian counterparts, have constructed quite complex theological systems in an effort to explain the unexplainable nature of the “Godhead.” It’s all really quite a silly and futile endeavor. In a sense, it almost seems to me to be men constructing monuments to their own ignorance and arrogance both at the same time.
After 50 years of studying the issue, I’ve come to a place of having a very simple, childlike faith rooted in the simplicity of what the Scripture say about the “Godhead” and I leave it at that. Much knowledge puffs up as a wise Torah scholar said who counted all of his previous rabbinic head knowledge as dung once he came face to face with the resurrected Messiah. I tend to agree with him.
I know Yeshua personally, as well as the Ruach. These/this is/are the driving force/s in my life and is something that far supersedes mere head knowledge. It is a power, a force, a faith and a life transforming reality. Period. Nothing more to say. The rest is vanity of vanities, in my, hopefully, humble opinion.
The Isaiah 45 prophecy was for Cyrus (king of Persia) who subsequently acted as God’s agent in freeing the Israelites from their Babylonian exile.
This event was only a precursor (type) of the antitypical event, when the Israel of God (believers in Yeshua) will be rescued from their Babylonian exile (this world and Age, hence Babylon in Revelation), Satan is defeated by Yeshua, and the New Heavens and New Earth are created by God (also prophesied in Isaiah 65 and Revelation 21).
Of course, both events (type and antitype) are ordained by God alone who does the things you spoke of in Isaiah 45:6-7.
In my opinion, the exile of Israel to Babylon also “echoed” the original exile of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden for not listening to God’s Word.
This reflects the fact that Adam was to “dress and keep” the Garden by obeying God’s Word and thus broke covenant (like Israel) with Him by disobedience.
The nation of Israel, being descended from the 1st Adam, also disobeyed God like Him. This is why Yeshua had to come as the 2nd Adam!
Yes, I agree with you sir. The Zohar, written 2000 years ago states that the upper three worlds…
With all due respect, and please don’t take offense, but this blog has no desire to promote the Zohar (i.e. Kabbalah), which is why I edited out the rest of your comment. There may be some spiritual nuggets to be found within the Zohar that was, in fact, written in the 1200s, not 2000 years ago. But that work also contains much extra biblical philosophy from the Greeks and other pagans, so I don’t advise people to study it. As such, we will, at this point, close the discussion on the Zohar.
Good on you Natan….I followed the comments to this article with interest, I agree with your comments 8/14/2017 …all of the comment……… I have read in the past that Kabbalah started with the Zohar in Poland ….also there is a Pastor in Sacramento Pastor John Torell who has written 5 books on the Kabbalah and what part it plays in end times…etc The Kabbalah Tree is not the tree of Life that is found in the book of Revelation.
Also modern day Kabbalists eg Maddona etc…modern day worshipers of the so called Kabbalah wear a red band around their wrist. I have also seen advertised Kabbalat Shabbat ……there are many inroads to this false worship…that is not of our Abba Father Elohim….
I have heard John Torell teach on Kabbalah a number of times. He makes some good points.
Many years ago for a very brief time, I began to look into the Zohar/Kabbalah, and quickly turned away from going any further with it, and haven’t gone back since. The Bible is all we need! Period. We don’t need to study a neo-Gnostic, paganesque, occult-oriented commentary on it.
This morning in my biblical studies, I came across this verse in 1 Tim 6:20–21:
O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge——by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith.
I would also add to this, 1 Tim 1:3–4 where Paul instructs Timothy,
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia——remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.
These admonitions apply to the study of Kabbalah and other similar things found in rabbinic Judaism and other religious philosophies and humanistic traditions of men. If this offends someone, too bad. Go start your own blog and get your own pulpit!
You tell u’m Nathan !!! Don’t let anybody sucker punch You like that!!! Let um’ get their OWN pulpit!!! You are the MAN on THIS blog!!! I am sick and tired of “people” trying to push their way into other folk’s affairs. IF IT DOESN’T SAY IT IN THE BIBLE, IT JUST ISN’T SO OR REAL !!!!!! PERIOD!!!! Hold your ground! keep the faith! Rabbinics,Judaism, Huh! who needs um’ !!! We are Messyonics! don’t MESS WITH US !!!!! :)) <3 <3 <3
Absolutely spot on