Exodus 7:14, The ten plagues plus one. The ten plagues were Elohim’s judgment against the gods and idols of Egypt (Exod 12:12; 33:4; Num 33:4). Here are the list of plagues and possible suggestions as to which gods of Egypt YHVH was judging. Modern man worships these same false gods, and YHVH will bring his judgements against them in the last days.
- The first plague was the water turning to blood. This may have been a judgment against abortion (the Egyptians threw their babies into the Nile for sacrificial purposes) and against materialism (since fewer children mean fewer expenses for a family, and the Nile River was the source of Egypt’s prosperity).
- The second plague was frogs. This may have been a judgment against pride (frogs puff themselves before they croak) and environmentalism or animal worship. In America, for example, after 9/11, how many bumperstickers did we see that had the words “pride” on them, and “God bless America” as if YHVH is duty-bound to bless America? How can YHVH bless a nation that refuses to repent and turn from its arrogant and wicked ways?
- The third plague was lice. This may have been a judgment against pride and narcissism (self worship), since the Egyptians were highly focused on their personal appearance and hygiene, their appearance and in shaving of body hair.
- The fourth plague was flies, which may have been a judgment against devil worship, occultism and witchcraft (i.e., the whole religious system of Egypt). A biblical name for Satan was Beelzebub, or lord of the flies (Matt 2:25–27; Luke 11:15–19).
- The fifth plague was the death of the livestock. This may have been a judgment against transportation and commerce.
- The sixth plague was boils, which may have been a judgment against the Egyptians obsession with their bodies and faith in medical science.
- The seventh plague was hail, which may have been a judgment against their agriculture industry and earth worship.
- The eighth plague was locusts. This may have been a judgment against Egypt’s food production. The Nile River and its delta was one of the bread baskets of the ancient world and a source of great wealth to Egypt.
- The ninth plague was darkness. This may have been a judgment against Egypt’s intelligentsia and religious system, which was spiritually devoid of the light of truth.
- The tenth plague was the death of the firstborn, which was a judgment against Egypt’s future and posterity.
- The destruction of Pharaoh and his armies in the Red Sea was a judgment against Egypt’s political and military might.
Is YHVH Elohim bringing America and other “Christian” nations under judgment for the sins they have committed against him even as he brought judgment against the gods of Egypt? What are the similarities between gods of ancient Egypt and those of western and Christian culture? In America, for example, in recent years, there has been a marked increase in adverse weather conditions, natural catastrophes, terrorism, bank and financial failures, personal and corporate bankruptcies, high unemployment and inflation rates, and high foreclosure rates on homes just to name a few possible judgments against a nation that has turned its back on Elohim and the Bible.
yes, INDEED, America HAS MANY OF THOSE SINS HELD AGAINST THEM! It is scary to think of how many!