(From Hoshana Rabbah Biblical Discipleship Resources at www.hoshanarabbah.org.)
It’s time to extricate YHVH Elohim from the religious boxes we all too often have confined him to in our lives. These boxes are times and places we do our “God-thing.” This can be church or other religious services, grace at meals, and even or personal devotional times. After having thrown a bit of religiosity at Elohim, we then go our way as if he weren’t much of a part of our lives. In this way, we keep Elohim confined to a few boxes labeled “religion.” We keep him trapped in these closets when he wants and demands to be part of every aspect of our lives.
Here are 22 practical tips for bringing YHVH into every aspect of your daily life.
- Watch and pray (Matt 26:41; Mark 13:33; 14:38; Luke 21:36).
- Pray that you might be counted worthy to escape YHVH’s judgments that will be coming on the earth because of wickedness (Luke 21:36).
- Endure to the end (Matt 24:13; Mark 13:13).
- Keep your eyes on the Yeshua the Lamb and follow him wherever he goes (Rev 14:4).
- Occupy until Yeshua comes (Luke 19:13). Be busy doing what Yeshua has called you to do.
- Engage in intercessory prayer, though at this time, it may not do much good, since biblical prophecy has to be fulfilled as end time events occur. This means that things will be getting worse and worse until Yeshua returns and destroys Babylon the Great New World Order.
- Be an overcomer in every way possible. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). Those who overcome spiritual evil will experience great rewards (Rev 2:7, 11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21)
- Be prepared to engage in civil disobedience as a last resort, if necessary. If civil laws violate YHVH’s laws, the Bible tells us to obey YHVH’s laws over men’s laws (Acts 4:19; 5:29; Ps 94:16).
- Be prepared to help persecuted brothers and sisters in any way possible. You might be next the next one to be persecuted!
- Continue to be salt and light to those around you in every way possible (Matt 5:13–16).
- Don’t expect things on earth to get better. Yeshua never said it would get better, but only darker before his return. He’s coming at the midnight hour when evil will be the most pervasive and rampant on the earth.
- Expect intense persecution of Bible believers (2 Tim 3:12; Matt 5:10–12; 10:22–25; 23:34; Mark 10:30; John 15:19–21; 16:2, 33; 17:14; 1 Thess 3:3–4; 1 Pet 4:12–16; Rev 7:14). Yeshua and the Book of Revelation prophesy this will occur in the end times.
- Be wise as serpents (Matt 10:16). Find ingenious ways to circumvent Caesar’s evil and unbiblical mandates without getting caught, while at the same time being obedient to YHVH’s higher laws.
- Love not your lives unto death (Rev 12:11). Be willing to lose some or all of yourself for Yeshua including your material possessions. Greater rewards await you for your faithful obedience to Yeshua (Matt 10:39; 16:25).
- Be inspired by the great faith heros of the Bible and the Christianity (Heb 11).
- Come out of Babylon more completely (Rev 18:4) starting with the spiritual aspects of this evil and ungodly worldwide system. Eventually, this may mean leaving the cities and going into communal situations into the wilderness with others like-minded believers. Some of the Roman Catholic monasteries were started by those fleeing the corruption of Rome.
- The more evil intensifies against you, love the light of YHVH’s truth, love Yeshua more and run to and hold on to him — the Rock of your salvation — more tightly.
- Love your enemies, do good to those who despitefully use you and pray for them (Matt 5:44).
- Put the audio Bible on your iPod or smart phone and listen to during the day.
- Wear tzitzits or fringes on the corners of your garments as the Torah commands to help you remember YHVH and the importance of loving him by keeping his commandments throughout the day (Num 15:37–41; Deut 22:12).
- Fast periodically even if it’s only for a meal or two. Among the many spiritual benefits of fasting, when you feel the hunger pangs, it will remind you to think about YHVH Elohim and the need to grow closer to him by controlling and sublimating the carnal appetites.
- Read your Bible and pray after you get up in the morning and as you’re going to sleep each night even if it’s only for a few minutes.