As we watch the rise of violent rebellion and civil disobedience in western—formerly Christian—nations (and elsewhere), it would behoove us to determine what is at the root and core of this movement, so that we can determine its source and what our response should be.
Human nature has never changed from the beginning of human history to the present. What is happening today has happened before. Only the actors, costumes and theater venues have changed, but the story’s plot is the same from the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden until now.
This ever-repeating and sad never-ending story goes like this: Elohim the Creator laid down certain rules and guidelines for humans to follow for their own blessing and well-being. Along came a snake in a tree to dissuade humans to rebel against Elohim’s rule of law, and rebellious and malcontented humans egged on by the same God-hating snake (that is, Satan the arch-rebel) have been marching to the same drum beat ever since.
We see the modern manifestations of this same satanic rebellion in the various current leftist movements that like the many-headed Hydra of ancient Greek mythology have many faces: leftism, atheism, secular humanism, moral relativism, socialism, the rise of the nanny-state, the rise in democratic mob rule, race wars, the attack on Judea-Christians values, the rise of false and Antichrist religious systems, evolution, rebellion against western culture and history and so on.
This is not to say that western culture is perfect and that there aren’t systemic problems that need fixing and that some of the issues of the leftist malcontents aren’t legitimate. There are problems that need fixing, but left’s solution of destroying the biblical foundations of the west is not the answer to the problem. The problem is that the left generally wants to kill, steal and destroy in its effort to supposedly correct the problems in western societies that despite their weaknesses have generally done more good than harm in improving the human condition when held up against the backdrop of human history. And the left has no solutions to the problems of western civilization. Their only solutions is societal upheaval—to kill, steal and destroy. They can’t point to one example past or present where their ideologies have worked. In the wake of leftist ideals there as always been mass bloodshed, anarchy, mayhem, repression, loss of freedom, enslavement and loss of social liberties. Always!
To understand the evil spirit that is behind modern leftism, let’s go back to the Bible to one of the earliest leftists—Korah the malcontent. When we study his character, life and methods of operation, we will see many parallels between him and and the modern rabble rousers who are trying to turn society on its head and usurp authority for themselves.
The Spirit of Korah
The spirit of Korah is currently alive and well on planet earth. The righteous must discern, identify and then oppose this evil spirit. Everywhere in every way, this demonic spirit of rebellion is attempting to destroy the work of YHVH Elohim on earth.
The spirit of Korah is the spirit of rebellion against YHVH and his divine authority and biblical truth. In our society, it is manifested in the philosophies of secular humanism, atheism, the New Age Movement, radical environmentalism, earth worship, progressivism, socialism, Marxism, evolution, which are all aspects of the Babylon the Great, New World Order political-religious system that will oppose the saints of Yeshua and Yeshua himself at this second coming. We also see this spirit at work, supported and encouraged in international politics, in our own government, in our educational systems, in the media, in the false religions of the world, and in the apostate church where foundational Judeo-Christian biblical values are being rejected and even demonized.
The spirit Korah, the rebel, has even worked its way into the modern church system where it is attempting to subvert and pervert the truth of Elohim as revealed in the Bible, and to undermine legitimate, YHVH-ordained authority. Every man becomes his own spiritual leader, refuses the accountability afforded by authentic godly spiritual leadership, and basically chooses to do what is right in his own eyes. Many modern churches are going so far as to water down or reject core biblical truths and values and instead emphasize ecumenism, New Age thought, one-world spirituality and a social activist paradigm. Ultimately, this is a rejection of the divine truth of YHVH Elohim as revealed in the Scriptures.
The rebellion of Korah and his comrades against Moses and Aaron and Elohim’s resulting judgment against them is a prophetic picture of what will happen in the end times against all modern Korah-like rebels. In fact, it is a picture of the judgment of Elohim that will happen to ALL sinners who choose to rebel against YHVH, his will, his Word and truth, his plans and purposes and those on this earth who are carrying out his will.
The spirit of Korah continues to manifest itself in uprisings against godly authority both within the church, and globally as the New World Order, which the Book of Revelation calls Babylon the Great, takes a more strident and virulent stand against Elohim, the Bible and the saints.
The fate of Korah and his band of rebellious malcontents is a prophetic picture of YHVH’s end time judgments against all those who dare to stand against him. The second chapter of Psalm speaks about this:
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against YHVH, and against his anointed, saying, “Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.” He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: Adonai shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.… Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
The Spirit of Korah Under a Microscope
Although Korah was a Levite, the grandson of Levi, and therefore a cousin to Moses and Aaron, he was not a priest, but he coveted the priesthood given to Aaron and his sons.
Dathan, Abiram and On were sons Reuben who was the disinherited firstborn son of Jacob and coveted the leadership role over Israel that YHVH had given to Moses and Aaron.
In their minds, this group of men had legitimate and legally based grounds for being discontent. Korah was a Levite and Dathan and his friends were leaders of the firstborn tribe of Israel.
In their minds, they had legitimate gripes against Moses and Aaron. On that basis, they
- Numbers 16:1 “took men,”
- Numbers 16:2, “rose up,”
- Numbers 16:3, “gathered themselves together”
- Numbers 16:4, and accused Moses saying, “You take too much upon yourselves.”
These are the steps that a rebellious malcontent takes in coming against YHVH-ordained authority.
There are biblical or godly ways for the righteous to respectfully redress grievances to authority when they feel injustices have been committed. The daughters of Zelophehad were shining examples of how to do this (Num 36:19). Yeshua also addresses this in Matthew 18 (compare with Matt 5:38–42) as does Paul in 1 Timothy 5:19.
The Scriptures reveal that there are four spheres of YHVH-ordained authority on this earth against humans will typically rebel. One can find the spirit of Korah at work in all of these spheres attempting to usurp authority and foment rebellion. These spheres are:
- Ecclesiastical (church)
Lucifer Was the Original Rebel
Satan is the originator of all rebellion against YHVH-ordained authority. He was the original Korah, and the one behind the Korah’s rebellion. Scripture tells us that Satan
- Coveted YHVH’s position of authority,
- Gathered together malconent angels to oppose YHVH,
- Rose up in rebellion against YHVH,
- Falsely accused YHVH to Adam and Eve.
- Isaiah records the steps Satan took in rebelling against YHVH’s authority.
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation [i.e., Mount Moriah], in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. (Isa 14:12–17)
Notice all the rebellious “I wills” statements in this passage. Satan the original rebel against YHVH’s rule is the originator of humanism, which is the exaltation of man’s will and authority over that of YHVH.
“Korah” at the Garden of Eden
Satan the serpent was the original Korah. Such rebellion had its roots in the Garden of Eden at the tree of knowledge where the serpent, the archenemy of YHVH enticed man to rebel against YHVH’s divine law, and purported to exalt man to a position to be able to determine for himself what is right and wrong. The roots of modern secular humanism are to be found in the lies of the serpent at the tree of knowledge. For example, the serpent lied when he told humans that they could chart their own course and determine their own ethics or lack thereof without YHVH’s guidance. This approach has led to all the sin and misery on earth to this day!
In modern politics, the democracy movement is a manifestation of the spirit of Korah. In this case, the majority of the people determine what is right or wrong and not the Bible. The problem is that the will of the people is constantly changing with the times, and is dictated by the carnal, fallen, rebellious and sinful natures of humans, and not by the unchanging and divinely revealed truth of Elohim. There are no set standards that determine what is right or wrong, no immovable boundaries, and no points on a compass to guide people in the right direction.
The spirit of Korah ultimately proclaims, “POWER TO THE PEOPLE! GOD IS DEAD or he is at least irrelevant!” In reality, it isn’t power to the people. This is just a smoke and mirrors lie. In reality, it is only power to a small ruling elite who, once in power, lord it over the people, and enslave the people for their own evil and selfish purposes, which invariably involve personal enrichment and the accrual of power to that minority. So, in the end, the people are no better off than they were before—usually worse off. They bought the big lie, and they lost. Satan always promises much, and delivers little, if anything. The results are bondage, misery and ultimately death. This is what Satan, the serpent, did to Adam and Eve, and his tactics have never changed.
The Roots of Babylon the Great—Nimrod Was a “Korah”
The Bible reveals in Genesis chapters ten and eleven that Nimrod collectivized people into cities and founded Babylon. This city state later became a great empire. This was the prophetic forerunner of the end times Babylon the Great of the Book of Revelation.
- Nimrod was the world’s first dictator (Gen 10:8).
- He put himself in a place where he was before (in front of) YHVH (Gen. 10:9).
- Nimrod endeavored to exalt man through human efforts to the level of YHVH by building a tower that would reach to heaven (Gen 11:4).
- Nimrod wanted man to make a name (fame, reputation, glory, a memorial) for himself vis-à-vis YHVH. He promoted the self exaltation of man and the diminishing YHVH (Gen 11:4).
As YHVH judged ancient Babylon—it is now an uninhabited desert wasteland in modern Iraq, so YHVH will destroy modern Babylon the Great.
YHVH’s Judgment Against the Spirit of Korah
YHVH will render judgment against those who come under the spirit of Korah. He will not tolerate his plans, purposes and will to be subverted by self-appointed, egomaniacs who go about fomenting discontent and rebellion against Elohim-ordained authority.
YHVH let us know what he thought of Korah’s rebellion when he caused the earth to open up and swallow Korah and his band of rebels (Num. 16:32). Before judgment came upon Korah, YHVH told those around him twice to separate themselves from Korah (Num 16:21, 24), so that they wouldn’t come under Korah’s judgment. Likewise, in the end times, YHVH is calling his people to separate themselves from Babylon so that they don’t come under the plagues of that end time Antichrist system (Rev 18:4).
Those rebels who were part of Korah’s rebellion who didn’t perish in the pit, were destroyed by fire from heaven (Num 16:35). Similarly, at the end of the age, Yeshua will return to the earth to judge the wicked—those who come under the influence of Satan have attempted to take over the earth and subvert righteousness and enforce their evil agendas upon mankind. What will be their fate? Satan will also be thrown into the bottomless pit as were Korah and many of his followers, and the beast and false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire, even as fire destroyed the rest of the Korah’s rebellious malcontents. At the end of the Millennium, fire will come down from heaven to destroy those from Gog and Magog who under Satan’s influence will attempt to dethrone Yeshua (Rev 19:7–10). After this incident, the white throne judgment occurs where all rebels who have ever lived will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 19:11–15).
The Book of Jude: Story of Rebellion and Moral Perversion
Jude in his short epistle equates Cain with humanism (i.e., my way, not YHVH’s way), Balaam with greed (the love of money) and Korah with rebellion and lust for power.I advise the reader to review the whole book of Jude in this light.
The main point of Jude is how men rebel against divine authority and turn from the common salvation message of Yeshua and the gospel, which is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 3), and embark on a downward path of moral and spiritual decay. The result is that the “grace of Elohim is turned into lasciviousness”(unrestrained moral looseness; verses 7–8). The spirit of Korah uniting with the spirits of Cain (humanism) and Balaam (greed and lust) is about discarding spiritual and moral restraint and turning to moral and spiritual perversion. The modern liberal Christian churches have already given in to this spirit by accepting pedophile and homosexual priests, ordaining of homosexuals, and accepting adultery, divorce, fornication and abortion. The next step on the downward spiral is “denying the Master Elohim and the Master Yeshua the Messiah” (verse 4). These moral and spiritual perverts and apostates do not want Yeshua to be their Lord or Master and to tell them what to do or what is right or wrong. They defy his laws and make up their own humanistic laws. They are so full of lust and perversion that they will deny Elohim before they will reign in their lustful perversions and repent of their evil sin. This is the state of our society religiously and culturally today in the western church!
The message of Jude is a prophetic warning to the end-times saints not to go buy into the lies of the serpent, and to not rebel against the laws of Elohim, the Creator. In Jude 11, YHVH says, “Woe” to those who go in this direction in following the examples of the evil and rebellious malcontents: Cain, Balaam and Korah.
A Call To Action
What should be the end-time saints response to this epic battle that is occurring between the followers of the serpent and those who choose to obey YHVH? Those who love YHVH’s Torah-instructions and have faith in Yeshua (Rev 12:17 and 14:12) are taking a stand against the spirit of Korah et al when they are returning to the ancient paths of Torah-righteousness. Those who are on this path must dedicate themselves to working tirelessly by being spiritual lights shining in the darkness by obeying YHVH and helping others to see this same light. We must resolve to “earnestly contend for the faith once delivered” (Jude 2) and to “keep yourselves in the love of Elohim, looking for the mercy of our Master Yeshua Messiah unto eternal life” (verse 22). We must determine to be instruments in YHVH’s hands to save others who are sliding downward spiritually. “And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh” (verse 23).
The Rebellion of Korah and the Decline of America and the West
Some Selah Points to Ponder
Even as Korah rebelled against divinely installed lawful civil and spiritual authority, while at the same time attempting to raise himself up to replace that, similar trends have been occurring in the formerly Christian western nations of the world. Secular humanistic philosophies in their various permutations (evolution, Marxism, socialism,dialectical materialism, leftism, atheism, moral relativism and various other attacks on the Judeo-Christian values that have formed the bedrock of western culture) now dominate all aspects of western society and culture and are in an all out war against biblical values, morals and ethics. When we study the life and tactics of Korah and his band of malcontents, we see similarities between the forces of darkness and rebellion then and now.
- Num 15:30 — Wilful sin defined. Penalty for wilful sin is being cut off from Israel (i.e. a death penalty).
- Num 15:32–35 — Example of wilful sin given; i.e., a man wilfully violating the Sabbath.
- Num 15:37–41 — Wearing tzitzit is an outward visible reminder to help keep one from sinning (violating YHVH’s commands).
- Num 16:1 — The rebellion of Korah and company is an example of what wilful sin looks like on a societal level.
- Num 16:2 — Korah et al rose up in pride like the Lucifer—the spirit of pride (of sin) and rebellion against YHVH’s commandments (Isa 14:12–17).
- Num 16:7 — Pride of those who rise up against YHVH and divinely appointed leadership. In this case, it was pride and rebellion against Moses, who is a prophetic picture of Yeshua, godly leadership, the biblical leadership and the word and commandments of Elohim.
- Num 16:10 — This is the cry of the new agers, political leftists, some atheists, Satanists, God-haters and those who are under the control of the spirit of Antichrist. They ardently and petulantly declare that “we’re all the children of God. We’re all holy. We all have the divine within us. We are all gods and goddesses. Follow the cosmic Christ consciousness in you. Each of us can choose to follow our own will, the god within us, and do our own thing. Do what thou wilt is the whole law. If it feels good, do it.”
- Num 16:10 — This is the cry of those in our time who are rebellious and antagonistic against YHVH, his word and Messiah and don’t want Elohim to rule over them.
- Num 16:19 — Like Korah did, Satan in the end times will gather his rebellious Antichrist forces to oppose forcefully YHVH and Yeshua the Messiah in a final and epic showdown encounter called the battle of Armageddon.
- Num 16:20, 24–25 — This verse is analogous to YHVH’s statement in Revelation 18:4 calling for his saints to come out of Babylon the Great in order to escape his judgment against her.
- Num 16:25 — As Moses called for the Israelites to separate themselves from rebellious Korah, YHVH is calling his people to do the same now. Similarly, Yeshua called his disciples to the same to follow him (Matt 10:16, 26–39).
- Num 16:30 — Those who rejected Moses’ authority including the Torah have really rejected YHVH. Similarly, those who rejected the saints who have, in obedience, placed themselves under Elohim’s authority have not only rejected the saints, but Elohim as well.
- Num 16:31–34 — When YHVH returns to judge the earth, he will first judge Satan by casting him into the bottomless pit.
- Num 16:35 — After Satan is judged at the end of the last days, then those who rebelled against YHVH, His Torah–word and the Messiah will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:11–15). These spiritual rejects are the wilful sinners who refuse to repent and to submit.
- Num 16:41–43 — These Israelites weren’t rebellious per se. They were merely examples of typical, complaining, spiritually lukewarm people. If these lukewarm Laodiceans refuse to repent (Rev 3:14–21), YHVH will consume some of them as he did the Israelites in this story.
- Num 16:46–48 — Prayerful intercession saves people. Aaron is a prophetic symbol of Yeshua, or Great High Priest, who is presently at the right hand of Elohim interceding for the saints against Satan, who is the accuser of the brethren. As Aaron risked his life by placing himself between Elohim’s judgment and the people, Yeshua did the same when his gave his life over to death on the cross as he suspended between heaven and earth between humanity and Elohim our Divine Judge.
- Num 17 — Aaron’s rod is a picture of the cross. As life came from Aaron’s staff—a piece of dead wood, the same came from the cross and the dead body of Yeshua. Moreover, the almond is the first tree to sprout forth in the land of Israel in the early spring, and is therefore a prophetic picture of life from the dead and fruitfulness. Interestingly, the Jewish sages have a tradition that both the tree of life and the menorah were an almond tree. Both are a picture of spiritual life in Messiah Yeshua.
Eccl. 10:2 “A wise man’s heart is at his right hand, but a fool’s heart at his LEFT.” If we don’t have what’s right. all we’ll have is what’s LEFT. (Yeshua is at YHVH’S right hand.)
Hasatan knows his time is short (do we?) and all he has LEFT is to take as many with him (to the lake of fire) as he can. Are we working with the same zeal to invite others into the body of Messiah? I get depressed sometimes when I see “Christians” RECOIL when I share the Truth, but then I remember I may only be the first to tell them, Some have said, “you’re the THIRD person to tell me this, I’d better look into it!” Don’t just KEEP the faith (once delivered to the saints) SHARE IT!
Very good overview even though it is hard to contemplate. I kept reading to Numbers 21 and am sorting they many questions re: the instructions to the priestsstrict parameters for holy service. Natan, can you recommend any of your articles on the subject?.
Following are some things I have been looking at and thinking about lately.
Revelation 12:3 Is China and the G7.
Revelation 13:1 Will be the Democratic 10.
The Dragon’s Seat of Power is on the UN Security Council.
The Head that was Mortally Wounded is Germany.
Cov19 was designed and intentionally released as an Economic Act of War for the purpose of raising China’s Power and Economic standing in the World.
True or False? You will have to decide.