Next Sunday (May 27, 2018) is Shavuot or the biblical Feast of Weeks (also known as Pentecost). This is according to the visible new moon, aviv barley calendar, which I prove and explain in my three calendar articles on the subject (https://www.hoshanarabbah.org/teaching.html#feast) was the calendar in use at the time of Yeshua and the apostles. Those who follow the rabbinic calendar (invented in the middle of the fourth century A.D. and approved by the Roman emperor, Constantine) celebrated Pentecost a week earlier. Those who follow the any of the other non-biblical calendars (e.g. the astronomical new moon conjunction calendar, the vernal equinox calendar, the Enoch calendar, etc., etc.) would have celebrated or will be celebrating Shavuot on some other day.
The following are links to resources that I produced (with the help of my wife) to help you to understand the importance of this day and why we need to celebrate it with full understanding of its significance in YHVH’s plan of redemption for sinful humans.
- Why Celebrate the Biblical Feasts (https://www.hoshanarabbah.org/pdfs/why_study_feasts.pdf)
- An overview of the seven biblical feasts (https://www.hoshanarabbah.org/pdfs/love_story.pdf)
- The spiritual significance of counting the omer (https://www.hoshanarabbah.org/pdfs/counting-the-omer.pdf)
- The Feast of Weeks explained (https://www.hoshanarabbah.org/pdfs/shavuot.pdf)
- For teaching videos on Pentecost and the other biblical feasts, check out our YouTube channel atGetting Ready for Shavuot at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5EzE5DQnrHfWWbczzkRo6IOnglxhbRfM