Mark 10:17–22, Yeshua’s model for one-on-one evangelism is here revealed. In his encounter with the rich, young ruler, Yeshua reveals a method of evangelizing in a one-on-one scenario. He uses the following five-step approach:
- Yeshua first establishes the character of YHVH Elohim and how man falls short of this in comparison. Namely, YHVH is good, and man is not.
- Next, Yeshua presents the Torah as Elohim’s standard that determines the definition of good.
- Yeshua then shows the young man that he was violated that standard of goodness by breaking the Torah.
- He advises the young man then to repent of his Torahlessness (or of breaking YHVH’s laws, which is the biblical definition of sin in 1 John 3:4).
- Finally, Yeshua invites the young to make the total commitment to being a good person and to follow him.
We see this evangelistic model again in Acts 17:24 when Paul addresses the Greeks on Mars Hill.