Jeremiah 2:4–28 and 3:4, Weeping for and a Warning Against an Apostate Nation
In this scripture passage, Jeremiah, the weeping prophet (lamenting for the apostate condition of the nation of Israel), speaking on behalf of YHVH, pleads with Israel to return to YHVH, the Elohim (God) of Israel, who had graciously blessed that nation. Under YHVH’s watchful care, Israel had prospered, yet eventually, like the first century believers in Laodicea (Rev 3:14–22), material prosperity had led to their forsaking YHVH for secularism.
Jeremiah addresses all levels of Israelite society: kings, princes, priests, prophets, pastors and the people. No one escaped his stinging rebuke. In our day, kings and princes would correspond to our political leaders, while prophets, priests and pastors to our spiritual leaders. The people would be everyone else.
In verse 13, Jeremiah states that Israel was guilty of two sins: they had forsaken YHVH, the Fountain of Living Waters, and had exchanged his divine and life-giving truth for the stagnant waters of man-made cisterns, which in Hebraic poetic symbolism is a metaphor for false, humanistic religious and philosophical systems of men. In verse 27, Jeremiah accuses Israel of turning its back on YHVH and exchanging worship of the Creator for worship of the creation and material objects (idols). This is reminiscent of what the Apostle Paul declares in his Epistle to the Romans (chapter one) of a society that rejects the divinely revealed truth of YHVH as found in the Scriptures, and then begins worshipping that which the Creator created including the earth, animals and their own bodies (resulting in hedonism and sexual perversion). In verse 21, Jeremiah declares that Israel had become like a degenerate plant and a strange or foreign grape vine, which can be related to the wild olive tree Paul speaks of in Romans 11. (See also Jer 11:16.)
With all this in mind, can we identify any spiritual parallels between ancient Israel and modern America? If Jeremiah were alive today what might he say to America?
A Wake Up Call — The Battle For the Soul of America
For several generations now, a righteous remnant of end-time warriors has been fighting an uphill battle against immorality, abortion, rebellion against the biblical laws of YHVH, humanism, Marxism/socialism, Eastern “spirituality”/New Age and the global takeover by the corporate-governmental fascist elite called the New World Order. The latest addition to this list is the Antichrist religion of Islam and anti-Semitism. Both are raising their demonic heads at home and abroad in the traditional Judeo-Christian nations of Europe. Islam began knocking on the spiritual door of America a few decades ago, and now because of the large numbers of Moslems in this country, Islam has become a threat worth noting. The goal of Islam is definite, for the Koran states it clearly: to take over the world and to dispossess both Christians and Jews of their lands, property and lives, if they fail to convert to Islam.
We find ourselves in this situation because we as a nation have failed to repent of the sins listed above and now the judgment of Islam and along with the spread of illegal aliens is coming against us (allowed by Elohim) to hopefully wake us up and drive us to our knees before our Father in heaven.
These curses are coming against America because of its moral and spiritual weakness. Like biological pathogens, these threats to America are feeding on the physical and spiritual body politic of this nation because its spiritual immune system (its spiritual, biblically-based faith and morals) has been seriously compromised due to moral and spiritual declension due to its trend toward weak, hireling and apostate spiritual leaders.
Where Are the Spiritual Watchman?
Where are the spiritual watchmen on the wall of America warning us of these things and urging us to repent? Other than a few lone and small voices crying in the wilderness, the major leadership of the church in America has been virtually silent. Unless we repent now, starting with the church confessing and forsaking its sins, I believe that America the Titanic is going down in Elohim’s judgment.
What Are the Issues of Concern?
Listed below are the issues of concern that if not repented of will ensure our losing the huge battle for the soul of this nation.
- Bible-believing spiritual leadership must arise in this nation to take a strong stand against unrighteousness for this nation to be spared the judgments of Elohim. Leaders must stand against this nation’s sinfulness, its lack of fear of the Creator of the universe, its pride and self importance, and its rebellion against the laws of Elohim as revealed in the Bible. leaders need to call this nation to immediate repentance starting with the church, for judgment begins first with the house of El (1 Pet 4:17). The church is the moral compass of that nation, and as goes the church spiritually, so goes the rest of the nation.
- Where are the spiritual leaders across this nation who have access to the media and who have the nation’s ear? Who is speaking out calling for the church and America to repent, to turn around and to start obeying the laws of YHVH Elohim—starting with the Ten Commandments?
- Where are the spiritual leaders who do not care about their reputations before a godless and hell-bound society, but who only care what the absolute truth of the Scriptures, YHVH’s Word, which is what their Creator says and thinks? Where are this nation’s spiritual leaders in this time of spiritual war—a time of national crises, and a time when America is fighting for its very survival against Antichrist Islam and other spiritual foreign invaders? Make no mistake about it, America is fighting an Antichrist enemy from within as well as outside her borders. As usual, America is relying on the strong arm of her own military, economic and political might and influence, and not on the Elohim of the Bible who allowed her to become great in the first place.
- Where are this nation’s spiritual leaders who should be speaking out like the biblical watchmen on the wall, like voices crying in the wilderness to tell us the truth about our spiritual and moral decline? Though America may still be the most moral and biblical nation on earth, we are foolish to compare ourselves with the other nations and not with the unalterable standard of the Word of YHVH Elohim itself, adherence to which made this nation great in the first place.
- Where are the true prophets of YHVH? Yes, there are many self-proclaimed prophets who merchandise the church system for their own glory and gain, speaking in churches, and building their Babylonish towers and monuments dedicated to a god of their own construction who is not the same yesterday, today and forever; a god who has changed times and laws; and a god who spurns much of the truth of the true biblical roots of the Christian faith. These self-appointed prophetic voices give a message of peace, comfort, security and revival. Little is said of the righteous judgments of Elohim and of obedience to the unchanging commandments of YHVH Elohim so clearly delineated in the Torah portion of the Bible. These ear-ticklers seldom if ever reference the true prophets of the Bible such as Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah who spent their lives calling the people of YHVH back to holiness and righteousness, back to the ancient paths of Torah-truth and light, and back to the Word of YHVH himself as personified and incarnated into human form, namely, Yeshua the Messiah, (who the Christians call Jesus Christ) who is the Living Torah Word of Elohim come in the flesh. A true prophet of Elohim, the prophet Jeremiah, aptly describes the false prophets of his day in Jeremiah 23 and elsewhere. He said they strengthen the hands of evil doers. They cause none to repent of their wickedness. They spread profaneness throughout the land. They speak a vision of their own heart and not out of the mouth of YHVH. Everyone walks in the imagination of their own heart saying no evil will befall us—only peace, prosperity, security and revival. These false prophets and spiritual leaders have given themselves over to covetousness. They make merchandise of YHVH’s people and have profaned that which is set-apart unto YHVH by merchandising the anointing. They have healed the hurt of YHVH’s people slightly saying, peace, peace, when there is no peace. They have not taught YHVH’s people the righteous judgments of Elohim. They have rejected the Torah-word of YHVH and have replaced it with the traditions of men. They have perverted the words of the Elohay Chayim, the Living Elohim, who is YHVH Tzavaot, the Yehovah of Hosts. The same YHVH said of these false prophets through Jeremiah the prophet, “Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and cast you out of my presence. And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame which will not be forgotten” (Jer 23:39–40). Many who claim to be prophets in our day fit the description of those false prophets of Jeremiah’s day. YHVH’s people need to repent of listening to these individuals and turn back to YHVH.
- Where are the spiritual leaders across America who are calling Americans back to the Torah- commandments that David, a man after Elohim’s own heart loved and followed with all of his being? These are the same Torah commandments that Yeshua the Messiah said would never pass away and that whoever would disobey would be called least in the kingdom of heaven and whoever would obey would be called the greatest in the kingdom (Matt 5:17–19); the same Torah law that Paul said in the book of Romans was holy, just and good and was spiritual, meaning it had originated in eternity and will never pass away (Rom 7:12, 14); the same Torah law that many Bible believers claim has been annulled, but about which Paul asked, “Do we make void the law (Torah) of Elohim’s by grace? Elohim forbid (Rom 3:31)!” These are same instructions in righteousness that the Creator of the universe thundered out with his own voice to mankind at Mount Sinai and which the Apostle John said in his first epistle that anyone who says he knows YHVH and does not keep or obey those very same commandments as a way of life is a liar and the truth is not in him.
- Where are the prophets and leaders who are giving out the whole truth of the Scriptures—a message that is as straight as an arrow, hits the mark of truth and righteousness every time, and a message that has never changed from the foundation of the earth?
The Problem Is Identified, But What Now?
We have identified the problem, or more correctly, the very Word of YHVH Elohim, the One who created you and me, itself identifies the problem in the pages of his Word of Life, Light and Truth to all mankind—the Bible. The message is this: REPENT AND STOP SINNING! Sin by biblical definition is the breaking or violation of YHVH’s Torah-law as revealed and recorded in the books of the law in the Scriptures (1 John 3:4). Turn to Yeshua the Messiah who is not only your Savior, but also your King and Master. Stop violating the commands of YHVH unless you want to bring curses, judgment and death upon yourself and this nation. If each of you and I and a thousand or million other yous would turn back to YHVH a difference could be made. YHVH is gracious and slow to anger. The pages of the Bible are like a cup that runs over filled with examples of his grace and mercy. Conversely, for those who refuse to repent, who continue rebelliously in their hell-bent ways of arrogance and self destruction the wrath of Elohim, El Elyon, the Most High Elohim, burns with vengeance. He reserves vengeance for himself. Wickedness will be destroyed ultimately and permanently. The set-apart and righteous character of the Just Judge of the universe demands it. But until then, he pleads with sinners to repent and to turn from their wicked ways.
What are the wicked ways that would bring judgment upon this nation? As the Scriptures say, judgment begins first with the house of Elohim—those who claim to be followers of the Bible, be they Jewish or Christian.
The Elohay Elohim or the God of Gods requires of spiritual leaders complete and unreserved obedience to his divine Word—the Bible. Leaders, pastors, evangelists, teachers, and rabbis are the most accountable before a Righteous Elohim. Turn away from hypocrisy, arrogance, greed and covetousness. Stop preaching to please your congregations and denominations and start preaching the truth of YHVH. Take no thought for your paycheck, retirement or building fund when you preach. Preach and teach for truth’s sake alone to be pleasing to your Heavenly Father.
We must all turn from our lukewarm ways. Our ungodly neighbors and family members are watching us. Are our lives a good witness to the biblical truths and values that we profess with our mouths? Do you love Elohim with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself as a Set-Apart Elohim demands? Are you walking in sin? Secret sin? Do you lie, steal, cheat, gossip, murder with your mouth and thoughts?
To All of Bible Believers: What Does YHVH Require of Us?
Stop murdering your children and referring to it euphemistically as “pro-choice” or “abortion.” Murder is an abomination to a righteous Elohim and, unless you repent make no mistake about it, you will suffer the same fate as that innocent child you murdered, except your fate will be eternal. So says YHVH Elohim in his Divine Word, the Scriptures.
Our Heavenly Father is also calling this nation to turn from all sexual sin and perversion. All sex outside of marriage is sin and an abomination before a righteous Elohim. Turn from this sin now, and repent. Cry out to your loving Heavenly Father for his grace and strength to come out of sexual sin. If you are living with someone you are not married to, marry or leave immediately. Do not come back to them unless it is at your marriage ceremony. If you are a homosexual, lesbian, child molester or someone who is addicted to pornography, turn at once from these sins. They will damn you eternally unless you repent. Flee these sins like the plague. The arms of Yeshua the Messiah are open wide to receive you and to show you the way to your loving and gracious Heavenly Father. Life eternal and hope await all those who forsake wickedness and seek YHVH’s righteousness and holiness.
Those of you who have abandoned your children and families in pursuit of materialism and selfish self-gratification … repent now! Your riches will perish. Your selfish pleasures will come to an end and not satisfy. Your children and marriages will too if you do not make them the priority in your life that Elohim commands.
Children, honor, obey and respect your parents and you will live long and fruitful lives in this blessed land which the Creator of the universe has given to us.
Turn away from addictions all kinds. These include addictions to drugs, alcohol, nicotine, sex, profanity, pornography, television, materialism, hedonism, entertainment, sports, video games or any other thing that is idolatry and is keeping you from an intimate and loving relationship with YHVH. These sins are destructive to you and your family and to your relationship with your Heavenly Father. Anything that is more important to you than obedience to your Creator as delineated in the pages of YHVH’s Word is idolatry. Whatever takes you away from walking in accordance with his righteous commandments is sin and idolatry. Turn from these things now. Restore your marriages, your relationships with your children and family by crying out in repentance to your loving Heavenly Father. Ask him for strength to overcome your sin. Pray for deliverance in the name of Yeshua the Messiah. Cry out to him for the salvation of your soul and pray to receive the Set-Apart Spirit of YHVH Elohim. Do it today, you are not guaranteed life beyond this very moment.
Turn away from false and satanic religions of all kinds. Turn away from witchcraft, satanism, divination, sorcery, astrology, mother earth worship, New Age, New Thought and science of the mind religions, Eastern religions including Freemasonry and Luciferianism. Turn away from the demonic and Antichrist religion of Islam. Turn away from religious systems that deny the gospel message of the Scriptures, deity of Yeshua the Messiah and the truth of the divine inspiration of all the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
America, turn away from and forsake atheism, humanism, Marxism or socialism and evolution. These philosophies are all cut from the same cloth and are akin to each other. They all engender a hatred for the Creator of the Universe who is YHVH-Elohim, the God of the Bible. They are all demonic and satanic in origination and will bring curses on your life and on this nation if you do not turn away from these things NOW! They are all a part of the package of lies of Satan to damn your soul that he successfully peddled to man at the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden. These religious philosophies are destructive and ruinous and will bring judgment, curses and damnation to one’s life personally and to this nation corporately if we do not repent of them now.
America, remember the seventh day Sabbath day to keep it set-apart. Six days YHVH the Creator worked, but on the seventh day he rested. He blessed the Sabbath day and set aside that day to be sanctified for his purpose. He commanded his people to keep it. It is a sign between him and his set-apart people. Observe this day, you and your family and be blessed.
YHVH Elohim, the Creator of the universe says in 2 Chronicles 7:14,
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
But don’t stop there. Continue reading several verses later:
But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them; then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations. (emphasis added)
America, now is the time to return to YHVH! Return now to the biblical roots of your Christian faith and return to the truth of YHVH-Elohim as lived and taught by Yeshua the Messiah and the first-century, Torah-law keeping, Yeshua-loving, Spirit-filled believers of the Book of Acts in the Bible!